Streaming torrent app
WebTorrent Desktop connects to both BitTorrent and WebTorrent peers.
WebTorrent Desktop is in beta.
We think it's pretty sweet, but we're still working on it. Try it out and let us know what you think!
It's also 100% open source.
- Lightweight, fast torrent app
- Beautiful user experience
- Free, non-commercial, ad-free, and open source
- Instantly stream video and audio
- WebTorrent fetches file pieces from the network on demand for instant playback.
- Even when the file isn't fully downloaded, seeking still works.
(Seeking just reprioritizes which pieces are fetched from the network.)
- Stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA
- Based on the most popular and comprehensive torrent package in Node.js,
- Full-featured, but bloat free
- Opens magnet links and .torrent files
- Drag-and-drop makes adding or creating torrents easy
- Discovers peers via tracker servers, DHT (Distributed Hash Table), and peer exchange
- Supports the WebTorrent protocol for connecting to WebRTC peers (i.e. web browsers)
The Grateful Dead at Winterland Arena
Complete audio recordings of this iconic 1975 concert.
See the whole concert collection at the Internet Archive.
Introduction to Computer Science and Programming
This is the first class in MIT's Electrical Engineering and Computer Science major. Recorded in Spring 2011. Taught by Professor John Guttag.
See all classes available from MIT OpenCourseWare.